Thanksgiving is special because it is the time when family and relatives come together for a joint celebration. But once in a while, it may be a good idea to do something different for Thanksgiving, like taking a vacation with your loved ones. Everyone is on holiday at this time from school or work duties, and there is perhaps no better way to make memories than by taking a trip together.
With hotels.com thanksgiving coupon, you can book accommodation at affordable prices. That way you do not need to break the bank to make Thanksgiving special for you and your family. Here are some mind-blowing, yet affordable, Thanksgiving vacation destination ideas that you can choose from:
- Barcelona: Taking a Spanish holiday may not be such a bad idea after all during Thanksgiving as there are some fabulous deals for international flights that you can avail of. Incidentally, Barcelona gets a far lesser number of tourists in November and the temperature is cooler, making it ideal for vacationers.
- Cape Cod: If you are a history lover, you can consider celebrating Thanksgiving like the Pilgrims. Provincetown in Cape Cod is where the Mayflower had landed in 1620; so a visit to the Pilgrim Monument and Forefather’s Monument in Plymouth may be an exciting prospect. The Thanksgiving Day Parade held annually at Plymouth is a major crowd-puller.
- Edinburgh: Like Barcelona, Edinburgh can prove to be a cheap travel destination for Thanksgiving. It is not extremely cold as the winter begins at this time and you are not likely to bump into too many people in hotels. Children can enjoy free meals in Apex Grassmarket Hotel close to the castle, while Potter fans can experience the interactive Harry Potter tours.
- Lake Tahoe: For families keen to ski at the first opportunity after Thanksgiving turkey dinners, Lake Tahoe makes for an ideal getaway. This is the time when the first rounds of snowflakes start to fall; so, it is probably the best time to hit the slopes before others rush in.
- Nassau: This is a memorable holiday spot for families who want to enjoy Thanksgiving on a budget. They can enjoy the white and sandy Cable Beach, where kids can play tennis, practice rock-climbing, while grownups can play beach volleyball, go kayaking or swim.
- Panama: Tourism to this part of the US is increasing slowly but steadily. No surprises then why you can avail of fantastic deals for family vacations to Panama City. You can either stay in the city to go further south to put up at the Buenaventura Golf and Beach Resort. Tourists can indulge in kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding or visit the Buenaventura Wildlife Center to see the deer, peacocks, monkeys, and alligators.
- Colorado Springs: This is close to Denver and an affordable Thanksgiving vacation spot for families. You can explore ancient underground caves at the Cave of the Winds Mountain Park, Garden of Gods, or visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
- Isle of Palms: To spend Thanksgiving on the beach you can travel down to Isle of Palms where families have enough opportunity to fish, go bike riding or boating, without having to encounter crowds. Vacation rentals are quite cheap and you can expect good hotel deals for this weekend.
- Wrightsville Beach: To experience a one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving Parade on the water, you can be a part of the Flotilla Weekend that is hosted by Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina. This is a parade where the judges will judge boats according to their theme, creativity, originality and light displays. The function concludes with a breathtaking fireworks display.
- Punta Cana: For lovers of crystal-blue waters and magnificent beaches, this is just the right location to spend Thanksgiving. You can book accommodation at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace that has waterslides and pools, theater and spa, golf course and casino, all in one place. Families can even be a part of the traditional feast for Thanksgiving made up of all holiday favorites.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your travel coupons and hotel coupons from Don’tPayAll and book your vacation now.